Advantages for members
VDMA is the largest network of the capital goods industry in Europe. It represents more than 3,100 largely medium-sized member companies in the capital goods industry and supports its members in tackling all the challenges typical of the sector.
VDMA gives its members access to the expertise of the entire sector. It provides everything from services to representation of interests and a sector network.
VDMA-Membership (new Members only)
+49 69 66 03-16 48
Our main topics:
- Market, statistics and the economy
- Foreign trade and export
- Trade fair policy and joint trade fair booths
- Legal affairs, tax and the labor market
- Management and information systems
- Market communication
- Manufacturer documentation
- Research, technical rules and standardization
- Advantages for members and framework agreements for member companies
The quality of our services is backed up by a network of well over 20,000 decision-makers and specialists, 3,100 member companies and more than 400 committed experts from VDMA and its service companies. The broad range of topics is based on the needs of the member companies.
Representation of interests
Current core topics of our representation of interests:
- Labor market policy/wage policy/deregulation
- Education policy/recruiting the next generation
- Tax policy
- Research policy/technology policy
- Company financing
- Trade policy
- Environment and energy policy
- Trade fair policy
- Current statements, VDMA positions, ArgumentierBAR
Getting to know one another, exchanging experience, working together – there are many topics that competitors, customers, suppliers and cooperation partners want to discuss and advance together. We offer all our members the ideal platform for this. Managing directors and executive board members, line managers and experts from the capital goods industry all come together in VDMA. Take us at our word and see the value and benefits of a strong community for yourself.
How can I become a member?
- it is active in the field of mechanical engineering including associated tools and components; process, production, manufacturing, drive and automation engineering; office and information technology; software; product-related services; or related fields.
- it is based in Germany or another European country and is not predominantly active as a trading company.